Friday, April 4, 2008

rock and roll

So if I look a little dazed lately it is only because I'm absolutely hooked on Guitar Hero and because of it I don't sleep! You can't get me away from it on my free time. I have the coolest job in the world because as a nanny, I get paid to play GH against an eight year old who thinks he's hot stuff. The only downfall...I'm not getting much of anything else done. I'm completely miffed that I can't get past the battle against Slayer on "Hard" and I've had the song "When We Were Young" stuck in my head for two weeks straight. My bedtime is on average two hours later than it was before last week when the dad I nanny for purchased it for "Madeline's 7th Birthday". She rarely plays it at all...my boss and I battle each other til we can't see straight. If you have a cure for how to get off Guitar Hero and back to normal life, please leave comments below. In the meantime, I am going to go try to beat Slayer!! I'm not going to bed until I do! Rock On!

4 comments:

Morrena Harris said...

AH! Now I know why you cannot chat a long as you use to. The picture is cute, but as you "MOM"-be watchful of your time because you never get it back! Have fun, though!!

e said...

Ha ha! This -- right here -- is why I don't own Guitar Hero. I would be the same way! So I just borrow it from a friend to get my fix every once in a while. (Although, I'm still not to "hard" yet, so kudos to you!)

Jenn said...

You look great lady! I haven't tried it - maybe I shouldn't :-). Keep on guitaring!

Bryce and Mindy said...

Holy Crud Holly! I had no idea you felt this way about GH when I made that comment today about it-ha ha ha! Wow, you are so good! I can't beat Slash on Hard so i skipped ahead to expert on quickplay and passed of 3 songs already :)!!! Oh how I wish we could play it together.....

Hugs,
Mindy