Monday, December 1, 2008
It's the most wonderful time of the year! And to start celebrating I was Christmas tagged and don't mind it one bit since I get to think more about this super holiday!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Definatly wrapping paper, although my mom is the queen of the last minute gift bag! love you mom!
2. Real tree or Artificial?
It's a toss up. With the real tree you get the awesome smell, but the fake trees are most definatly easier and less messy and you always get a perfect shape.
3. When do you put up the tree?
The Day After Thanksgiving
4. When do you take the tree down?
This makes me want to cry cause I LOVE LOVE LOVE Christmas trees, but usually around the 1st of Jan.
5. Do you like eggnog?
Only Home Made, spare the spices!
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
I am going to have to say my cabbage patch doll I recieved at age five. That was the big thing that year. She had a green dress on and the yellow yarn hair and I remember my mom had to wait for hours in line to get her.
7. Hardest person to buy for?
Employers. I always work for people that already have everything!
8. Easiest person to buy for?
My Dad. He loves books, games, and electronics and he's not afraid to just tell you what he wants which is great! Saves the time guessing.
9. Do you have a nativity scene?
Yes, Martianne found an African Nativity and gave it to me last year for Christmas, it was really special!
10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
Ha, it was a white elephant gift so was supposed to be funny anyway, but it was a cement mold of someone's foot. Feet just gross me out, Eww!
12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
The Chrismas Story
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
All year! I love finding creative gifts to give to people!
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Ummm....ok you got me! But it was a nice one!
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
My mom's Christmas Casserole and Cinnamon Rolls
16. Lights on the tree?
Who has a tree without lights?
17. Favorite Christmas song?
Still Still Still
Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire
I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
I have traveled the past two Christmas's and it so isn't even nearly the same. I like being home in Salt Lake with the snow and Mom's brunch! Can't wait for that this year!
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Well I have been doing a big bow - but I bought a star last year from Pottery Barn for $5.00 - reg $50 - so I'm excited to have a star this year.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Pajamas on Christmas Eve and the rest on Christmas Morning
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
The Excessiveness. I like my Christmas's to be about tradtion and meaning rather than lots of gifts and sweets. Sometimes it's a struggle to keep everything simple.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color?
Red Red Red
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner?
Ham and Potatoes
25. Favorite family Christmas tradition?
The Harris Family Nativity Sing Along. Our whole extended family gets together. We have awesome costumes and act out the Nativity and sing our favorite carols and eat yummy food. It's usually pretty hilarious, but a great way to remember the birth of our savior and spend time with family!
A Very Merry Christmas Season to everyone.
As for the tag...I am tagging anyone who reads this entry. Can't wait to see how you celebrate!
Posted by Holly Harris Murray at 5:02 AM