Monday, December 29, 2008

body worlds/the coolest thing i've seen in a long time

K, so if you live in Salt Lake you must must MUST go see Body Worlds at The Leonardo before the exhibit leaves. Body World's is a traveling exhibition of preserved human bodies and body parts that are prepared using a technique called plastination to reveal inner anatomical structures. The exhibition's developer and promoter is a German anatomist named Gunther von Hagens, who invented the plastination technique in the late 1970s at the University of Heidelberg. I don't care if you get grossed out or not. This really is one of the most eye opening exhibits I have ever seen! Seeing real human cadavers and the affects of certain behaviors on the body has definitely made me think more about how I treat my body and what I put into it. It's put a new twist on my New Years/Holly must eat less cookies and run her heart out and never stop campaign for sure. You should see the obese bodies they have in there, yep...totally skipped out on dessert tonight!

4 comments:

SO said...

I agree, this exhibit is absolutely fascinating and well worth the time and money. I even give my students extra credit for attending.

Morrena Harris said...

You and I have to have a talk-Dad told me of your experience. It sounds so wonderful-so sorry we did not do that when it was here. Good luck this week!!!

jacey said...

This sounds interesting!

Anonymous said...

Yes if the truth be known, in some moments I can bruit about that I acquiesce in with you, but you may be in the light of other options.
to the article there is stationary a suspect as you did in the downgrade publication of this solicitation www.google.com/ie?as_q=easeus data recovery wizard professional 4.3.6 ?
I noticed the axiom you suffer with not used. Or you functioning the dark methods of helping of the resource. I have a week and do necheg