Sunday, September 4, 2011

sew...

I am making attempts to pick up new hobbies and skills. Fall seems to be that time when I get overly ambitious (the other time is January 1st), and make lots of new goals and I get hankerings to try new things. I have resisted sewing in the past, but this summer I finally decided to stop fighting with my inner fear that there are too many rules in sewing for Holly. I broke out the sewing machine, spent $80 at  fabric store (when did this hobby become so expensive?) and here is the result. I completed a couple of pillow cases first and I am still working on pajama pants. I shamefully will admit that I had no idea what I was getting myself into and I You Tubed "how to thread a bobbin" but atleast there is something wearable in the end. Now I have to figure out how to teach it to my students. Yikes.







1 comment: