Sunday, September 25, 2011

the waiting place...

Lately I have had various conversations with friends and family about the stage of life I am in. I love this city that I moved to, and teaching school is going well. I have wonderful roommates, live in a nice neighborhood and I have even lost ten pounds in the past month. All. Good. Things. This post is in no way meant to be a complaint about my life, because I have a great life.

However, if I am looking deep into my own pursuit and where this Holly life is leading, I feel like it is best described as "the waiting place" which is perfectly illustrated in a favorite Dr. Suess Book called, "Oh the Places You'll Go".  Truth be told, I have been a lot of places. I have lived all over the United States and have experienced the world. I am grateful for that. Very grateful. But still, I am waiting. Waiting for what I don't even know. I think that is the confusing part. Waiting to go some where? Waiting for a new opportunity? New people in my life? What? And why am I waiting? Again, I have a good life. I don't love the fact that I am waiting for anything at all. I guess the best I can do is just enjoy the waiting, enjoy the people I am waiting with, the city I am waiting in. Thoughts?

4 comments:

Becky Henson said...

I agree that there are different stages in life. You put it well that sometimes it's just about enjoying where you are at that time...not an easy thing sometimes. I've always had a rough time waiting, but it seems that more and more I'm having to learn the lesson of just enjoying the moment. Miss you!

Bradley Ashcraft said...

I certainly liked what you have said.Sometimes one hurries to get to the next stage of life only to be waiting and waiting to go forward. Like President Hinkley said "enjoy the journey". So here is hoping you can do that too. MOM

Hey Blue said...

I admire your patience. Your wait will be worth it!

Hey Blue said...

I admire your patience. Your wait will be worth it!