Friday, May 30, 2008

thailand

This pretty much sums up how I feel about Thailand in an nutshell, but below I will share some stories on what has been probably one of my favorite vacations ever. Thailand is the land of paradise, relaxation, great food, beaches, nice people, beautiful Temples, and Adventure. What more could anyone want out of a vacation? Not to mention everything is so reasonably priced in Thailand. Pure Bliss!
I have always wanted to Parasail and I finally got my chance. It really does feel like you are flying over the water. Loved every second of it!
Riding an Elephant has been a dream of mine for like forever. I could have spent all day at this elephant park. These animals are my favorite and I think they are truely amazing.
Contrary to the elephant I give you, the giant cockroach. Yep, right in our hut on Phi Phi Island and he brought friends. We named him Henry. Yuck! Just imagine three girls screaming at the top of their lungs all frozen on the matress for protection. You can picture the scene I am sure. Kind of hilarious now that I think about it, but at the time we were mortified. We all slept on the same matress with the lights on because Christine mentioned that these bugs like the dark. We weren't taking any chances.
And here we method number one to get rid of Henry the Cockroach. Camille came up with a tampon and a Pringles can. Pretty creative and it worked! We scooped him in an viola...threw him out and slammed the door shut. That was all great til we lifted the suitcases and found three more. Only slept two hours that night.
Don't be turned off by the name of this bakery. I walked in, ordered and experienced an oasis in my mouth. A perfect pineapple pancake, three doughnut holes, and a mango smoothie. Marathon was over so who cares about dieting right?
This is the most relaxed I've been all year. Never wanted to leave!
I think I should have been born on an island. This is me on the boat and I was in heaven!
Need I even say anything about this pic...just enjoy it.
This is a visual of the liquid delight we experienced with every meal and inbetween meals. We must have tried every flavor of these smoothies and don't you just love how the Thai's make them so pretty?
Can you tell how rediculously hot outside it was in Bangkok from this pic? It was taken at The Grand Palace.
This is where we wish we stayed. We walked a long the beach and found this little paradise resort. We did have breakfast here so the manager let us use the pools. So nice!
Can't get enough of these elephants.
James Bond Island
Climbing the Caves on James Bond Island was so much fun. It's been a while since I've had the chance to just be adventurous. I loved it.
Just hanging out at the hut (pre Henry the cock roach episode)
How often do you get to just collect coconuts on the beach? I mean really.

The Grand Palace in Bangkok. This is such an amazing place. It was quite a site to see these temples made of gold and mirrors and tiny little tiles. Every detail was exquisite.
I went snorkleing for the first time and I fell in love with the fish. I could of spent hours in that ocean.
Does anyone watch LOST? Go to Phi Phi Island and you will feel like you are there. And quite frankly, I wouldn't mind at all being lost in Thailand.

3 comments:

Morrena Harris said...

Thanks for sharing these pictures-I feel that I have a had a little tour of the place!

e said...

Holls-- That looks amazing and you look great -- relaxed and happy. I heard about the cockroach story and a few other funs ones as well. ;) Love you!

Chelle and Aaron said...

You are amazing Holls! That looks so fun. I share some of your dreams (elephant riding for one) and definitely need to get to thailand!