Saturday, November 22, 2008

football vs. rugby?

So I'm an American, and...I'm a Ute through and through which means that I cheer for red and I absolutely love American football in the fall. But, now I am living in South Africa and tis the season for Rugby, which is also awesome. The South Africans are asking me to choose which is better and the answer is that I'm not going to. I love them both. Football is fun, it's our culture, it's Utah culture, my families culture and yes, they wear helmets and you can fumble the ball in football etc but it's still such fun to watch and be a part of.

It's funny because I get asked questions like, "do you even know what Rugby is?" It's great cause I get to explain that I attended Highland High School and our Rugby team takes Nationals and kills everyone almost every year and my little brother played etc etc. It's nice to have that claim to fame so that atleast the questions stop hey. I must admit, Rugby is a heck of a lot of fun to watch, especially when you are watching the World Champion Springboks of South Africa masacre England etc. Steve, you would love it here, there is Rugby games and Braai's almost every week and the girls even watch and understand this game, it's great! However, I have to admit I was pretty jealous of my fam and friends watching Utah beat BYU yesterday, would have loved to be at that game...but I was busy here watching the Rugby!



Alas, this is just a choice that I can't make and I guess my friends both South African and American will just have to deal, I'm a fence sitter, I enjoy em both! Go Utes, Go Bokke!

4 comments:

Steven said...

The Utah game was awesome. Melanie and I had awesome seats. It was so cool cause I went to every home game this year and watched the magical season of going undefeated. I was so happy to witness a season like that because I missed the first one in 2004 cause I was on my mission. Go Ute's

Jenny and Josh said...

Don't forget! THe U has a pretty rockn'n rugby team too!

Morrena Harris said...

Even I was caught up in the game-the Utes played their hearts out and the celebration was something to see. Sometimes I think the fans get carried away, but that is football especially when the Utes and the Courgers play. Rugby was very fun to watch when Steven was playing-I just could not keep my eye on the ball like you can when you watch it on TY. Glad that you have gotten to see it is Africa.

Anonymous said...

酒店經紀
禮服酒店,
禮服公關,
酒店領檯,
華麗夢想,
夢世界,
華麗夢想,
夢世界,
酒店經紀,
酒店工作,
酒店上班,
酒店打工,
禮服酒店,
禮服公關,
酒店領檯,
華麗夢想,
夢世界,
酒店經紀,
酒店工作,
酒店上班,
酒店打工,
酒店工作,
酒店上班,
酒店打工,
禮服酒店,
禮服公關,
酒店領檯,
華麗夢想,
夢世界,