Friday, November 21, 2008

standing in a holy place

I was so grateful for the opportunity to visit the temple this week. I don't know how much you know about Johannesburg, but with all it's beauty there is a lot of danger here. I am constantly getting warnings about where I should and shouldn't go, and to watch my back as I travel around this city. The temple grounds here are beautiful and as I walked around this week I felt at peace, safe, a shelter from the outside world. I am all to grateful for the comforting spirit that the temples of this world offer and to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I don't know what I would do without the gospel in my life. The Church is the same wherever you go. The members here in South Africa are so good and are examples. I have been fortunate to participate in numerous family prayers, witness baptisms, and to visit the Johannesburg temple often as I have been here. The temple here is stunning and is lucky enough to be one of three in Africa.



4 comments:

Melanie said...

Love the pics! That flower is so beautiful!

Morrena Harris said...

Wow! those pictures are stunning, especially the one of you. Dad & I are smiling of your comments about the "Temple"-we agree with you that there is no better place to stand than inside of one of the Lord's Holy Temples. Thanks for putting that into your blog. What a blessing to you, maybe you can work inside one someday, like your Dad-he has never once complained of having to go.

jacey said...

Beauty- you and the temple. Wish we had a temple here.

be said...

酒店經紀
禮服酒店,
禮服公關,
酒店領檯,
華麗夢想,
夢世界,
華麗夢想,
夢世界,
酒店經紀,
酒店工作,
酒店上班,
酒店打工,
禮服酒店,
禮服公關,
酒店領檯,
華麗夢想,
夢世界,
酒店經紀,
酒店工作,
酒店上班,
酒店打工,
酒店工作,
酒店上班,
酒店打工,
禮服酒店,
禮服公關,
酒店領檯,
華麗夢想,
夢世界,