Monday, January 19, 2009

my word for 2009…

I stole this idea from another blog of course, but some people just have such neat ideas! Instead of setting resolutions this year, I have decided to pick a word that will become my theme for the year and to work on. So, without further adieu, my word for 2009 is…


 

l e a r n


 

There are so many things that I want to learn about and to do this year. To name just a few…

I am excited to go back to school and learn how to teach high-school students. In order to do this though, I need to learn how to build a curriculum, more about the subjects I will be teaching, how to pass state exams and how to interview and work with administrations. I also need to learn more about teenagers in general…that's an overwhelming start.

I can never learn enough about the gospel, but in particular this year I want to focus learning more about Jesus Christ, His life and The Plan of Salvation. I don't think I can ever know enough of this.

I really have the desire to learn about biking and swimming and to make both forms of exercise a part of my life. My cousins are on this triathalon kick and I would love to join them.

I'd like to learn how to make lots of new recipes of delicious goodness to share with friends and family, especially things to bake since I have focused more on cooking in recent years.

I don't really have the desire, but since I have to for my schooling this year I will learn how to sew. Wish me luck on this one!

I want to learn about a new culture, and place this year. Maybe South America or India or a Polynesian Island…we'll see what opportunities present themselves with school in the way. Best way to learn about them is to travel there, but I may have to settle for an internet special from afar!

I would also like to focus my learning to relationships with self, family, friends, and acquaintances. I want to learn more about the people that are already in my life.

I definatly need to learn more chess moves. I keep getting beat by all the kids I work with, that's embarrassing!

Lastly, I plan on learning from the many mistakes I am sure that I will make this year and to take advantage of second chances and new opportunities.
 


 

2 comments:

SO said...

Those are great goals!! I know you are going to be a wonderful teacher and am excited that you will be entering the profession I hold so dear to my heart. We need people like you :)

Jenn said...

Yay, triathlons! Swimming and biking rock! And yay sewing - I love doing this. I totally love your word for 2009 - I want to do a lot of the same. And *cross my fingers* I might be going to Ireland in June for a conference if my paper gets in! Miss you lady.