Friday, February 6, 2009

an early valentine (sort of)



Well, I was browsing You Tube this morning, cause somehow I thought I could justify the time, oops. But anyway, I came across this video of one of my favorite songs of all time. And, I want to dedicate it to…

you

Yes…all of my blog readers, friends, family, children across the world who I miss each and every day! I am loving being closer to friends and family here in Salt Lake but there are always a number of people that I have left behind as the seasons of life change and I miss them terribly. I miss the wonderful families I have been a nanny to in New York and Connecticut. I miss my brilliant campers from all over the world. I miss ambitious friends from college. I miss my lovely South African friends and the delicious orphans I worked with there. Sometimes, I even miss a feeling that I had at a particular place in a particular time in my life. I won't dwell in this, but if you are reading, and I know you, and you are far away…chances are that you have touched my life in some way and I am missing you more than you think. I am very blessed to have so many people to miss. I can't imagine what life would be like if I never loved enough to feel a longing to see someone. I have also been very fortunate to reunite with different people at many different times over the years and it was amazing! Like the time I met up with my campers Kaisa from Finland and Salim from Turkey in Paris because we all happened to be vacationing Europe at the time. Or visiting my Marine friend Josh in Texas. Or more recently, getting in touch with my friends Suzie and Scott from high school. It's a small world and I just think it's important to let people know how you feel, so…this song pretty much sums it up. I heart you all!

Happy Valentines Day!

(a little early)

 

3 comments:

SO said...

It has been truly wonderful getting back in touch with each other after all these years...like we never missed a beat! Thanks for always being such a great friend!

Becky Henson said...

I admire you so much for all you do for others and for your amazing sense of adventure. I always think of you as one of my friends who's changing the world for the better(as well as Camille, Julie, Steve and the list could go on). Look forward to seeing you soon!

Andi said...

Holly!

Hi! Thanks for the post on my blog! It was so fun to see you at my reception! Thanks for the heads up about Camille. You ladies are amazing. You are one of those people that influences others even when you're not directly in their presence. I didn't get much of a chance to chat with you. You will have to give me an update sometime when you have a chance!