Monday, June 27, 2011

another thing to check off of my bucket list...

I have been wanting to walk across the Brooklyn Bridge ever since I moved to New York for the first time...TEN YEARS ago. I love bridges, and I love cities. Finally, and with much satisfaction I did it. Now, this is not a huge accomplishment, not like climbing Kilimanjaro or Skydiving (which are also on the bucket list just by the way), but this bridge is something extraordinary. The views of Manhattan were incredible. I got to share this journey with some very special people. Return campers from Camp Rising Sun joined me from Spain, Colorado, Brooklyn, The Bronx and Poland. A true symbol that no matter where we are in the world, love and tolerance builds bridges. So for today, I am thankful for this experience. And thankful for this incredible, simple day. Carpe Diem!





No comments: