Sunday, June 19, 2011

loving boston

I am a little late on this post, but I recently moved to Boston for a job and I wanted to say that I am loving it here! This city is amazing. It is full of culture, history, water, cool people, and delicious food. I landed a job at a High School just outside of Boston teaching Child Development, Fashion Design, and Cooking. I am very excited about the opportunity but also feel like I have a lot of work to do and a long way to go before I feel completely comfortable in my classroom. There are some skills I will need to polish before I start teaching including sewing. I haven't sewn in years and now I need to somehow teach 25 students how to sew from scratch. This is my challenge I guess At the end of it at the very least I will have obtained a good domestic skill.

In the meantime, there are so many great things about living in Boston. I am lucky because I have the summer off. I have been spending my time developing curriculum, cooking, riding my new bike, swimming, eading on the beach, watching Boston sports team kick bum, and playing piano. I feel like after the last semester of my master's degree and student teaching where it was chaos 24/7, I am finally feeling like Holly again. Just by the way, anyone is welcome to visit and I will gladly host you!

Thank you for reading, I will do my best to update more often.

1 comment:

Andi said...

Hey Holly! I'm so excited for you and your new adventure! I've only been to Boston once...but I loved it! Just to answer your question: I use John Frieda Frizz-Ease shampoo/conditioner. It's pretty good for a grocery-store hair product. At least it works on my hair. I also really like Aveda's line. But...they're a little out of my price range these days! :) Hope all is well!