Friday, August 29, 2008

saying goodbye...

In just two days I will say goodbye to the past two years of my life and three wonderful little kids who's first and last names start with M. I can't believe how fast the time has gone. We've spent this past week and last week in Mexico and I have really enjoyed playing with them in the pool, ditching waves on the beach, making pinatas, playing in the sand and just being us. On each trip because there are usually not enough rooms to have our own I get to snuggle with Madeline (sleeping with kids isn't so much getting sleep) but hey, you must enjoy it before they get to big and they wont let you anymore. Yesterday Marshall was playing with pots and pans in the kitchen. He pretended to make me some soup and gave me a make believe spoonful and said, "Here, I love you Holly". It's those moments that make this job TOTALLY worth it and although sometimes I have put in 90 hours a week and have given up a "normal" social life for basically 24 months, it has been totally worth it. Watching them grow and develop and traveling the world with them and acheieving my own goals to be debt free and move to another continent have made every second with the Mandells worth the journey. Now it is time to move on to a new one, which I know will be equally rewarding. The next few pics are of our last week in Mexico. I don't really post pics of the kids I nanny cause my blog isn't private and I just want them to be safe, but here are some glimpses of our last week in Mexico, our last week together. Feeling VERY bittersweet about that!


1 comment:

Morrena Harris said...

Just come home-and we know you are. You have had a great experience with the Mandell Family and those kids are special. In 72 hours you will be ours, here in Salt Lake. Love MOM & DAd