Monday, January 28, 2008

i'm going to miss this guy...


There really aren't adaquate words to describe how deeply I've been touched by this mans' life. President Gordon B. Hinkley, the 15th Prophet of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints passed away last night. He was more than just an amazing man. My hero in so many ways. As much sorrow as I feel that he wont be around to crack jokes at Confrence and continue is enless service to people around the world, I feel joy to know he is with his dear wife and family now. I am so grateful for the gospel in my life and the belief I have in eternal families. I have a testimony that Gordon B. Hinkley was a true prophet and we will only be better for following his council. I am so grateful to have a living Prophet to look to for guidance and direction.

An inspiration quote from President Hinkley that I love,

"I could wish for you nothing better than that your lives be fruitful, that your service be dedicated and freely given, that you contribute to the knowledge and the well-being of the world in which you live, and that you do it humbly and faithfully before your God. He loves you. We love you. We want you to be happy and successful, to make significant contributions to the world in which you will live and to the on-rolling of this great and majestic work of the Lord."

He truely was a magnificant Man. We love you President Hinkley!

No comments: